Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Shanghai

I feel like I have so much to catch up on...

Right after our first vacation, we taught for 2 days and then went to Shanghai! It was a super fun weekend full of sight seeing, shopping and meeting other YSA friends :) We arrived Friday night after almost missing our train... we stayed in a hostel at People's Square. On Saturday we toured "The Old City," Saw The Bund and Yu Gardens. We ate lots of delicious food as usual and it was beautiful weather. I went with my friends Courtney and Carlee to check out some cool underground markets where they sell a lot of super awesome stuff for really cheap! Then we went to the YSA dance and even though not a lot of people were there, it was still super fun! You all know how much I like to dance...

The next day we went to the District conference and YSA devotional. It was the greatest experience being able to go to a sort of stake conference here in China! What amazing strength the members have out here. Everyone is so faithful! Many of them have made huge sacrifices to be in China with young children, etc. But we are all making the most of our time here. The talks were all amazing... some of the best I've ever heard! I went up to the District president afterward and thanked him. His message was incredible. The members had also provided a delicious lunch for all the YSA's! They are so generous. It was a fun day traveling back to Changzhou.

Life is just so so so good! I really have found myself out here. After almost 20 years of living I finally know exactly who I am. My testimony is growing so much and I know that I am in the right place. I might not have all the answers yet, but I know what I want and I have faith that it will all work out. Thanks to all of you for loving me and being the best friends and family a girl could have! And to make up for this cheesy post... I will just post some pictures :)

Shopping

In Yu Gardens...





Awesome church friends!

The Bund... this is amazing up close


2 comments:

  1. The highlight of my day is checking your blog and being able to read your posts. I love them! What a cool experience you are having! Love and miss you :) ps. can't wait for our own dance party at Disco Bay... 4 months and counting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me so happy to hear that you love my posts! Thanks for reading :) Love and miss you tons Tay! These next few months are going to fly by... get ready for the best Disco trip yet!

    ReplyDelete